Careers at DabApps
Role: Experienced Python/Django Engineer - Full-Time
DabApps is one of Brighton's leading web and mobile app development agencies. We are passionate about producing high-quality work that we and our clients can be proud of. Our values are based on standards compliance and best practice and we are constantly working to improve and streamline our development process. We use open source technology wherever we can, and contribute back to the open source community as much as possible.
We are looking for an experienced and highly-skilled Python developer with excellent knowledge of Django and ideally Django REST framework. You should have the ability to understand the architecture of a Django application, to find and resolve complex and subtle bugs, and to make recommendations about how best to structure code for readability, testability, ease of maintenance and performance. You should be able to unpack client requirements and make decisions about how best to implement them. You should be able to motivate and guide a team of less experienced developers through discussions of best practices, practical advice and code reviews.
The role is based in our central Brighton office and we would expect you to be based in the office for the majority of your time.
Below is a list of core technologies and skills we use at DabApps. We are not expecting any candidate to have experience or knowledge in all of these areas. What we are looking for is the ability and desire to learn the areas you don't have when and if required.
- Django REST Framework
- React and React Native
- Relational databases - MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Redis, MongoDB, CouchDB and other NoSQL databases
- "Big Data", distributed systems, data processing/indexing
- Linux server administration
- Mac or Linux desktop experience
- Data Visualisation
- Agile development – primarily Scrum
As DabApps continues to expand we need to grow our skills base. We're looking for a candidate with the technical skills we need, who is also flexible enough to fit into the company and grow with us. We need someone with strong ethical values, who thrives on producing results, can adapt to new challenges, and enjoys learning along the way. The role will be varied and you will need excellent prioritisation and decision making skills. You will need to be able to work effectively in a team-based agile environment, as well as playing a part in the growth and direction of the company as a whole.
What are we offering you?
- A competitive salary based on your experience.
- A chance to join a growing company and help drive DabApps as we expand.
- 25 days paid holiday – plus paid bank holidays.
- Flexible working hours – inside core office hours.
- A great working location in the heart of Brighton.
- Encouragement and support to take part in Brighton's vibrant creative and digital communities. We have links with the Universities and we're involved with the Brighton Python User Group.
- Pension scheme (after qualifying period).
- Regular training and conference opportunities – in-house and external.
If you are interested please email your CV, along with a covering letter and salary expectations (and preferably a link to your GitHub account) to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be in touch.