- Be an experienced technical architect/senior developer. The role will be hands on so we do need programming experience as well as technical architecture experience. We primarily use React for Web Applications and React Native for Mobile Applications and Django with Django REST Framework for server side coding so experience of these would be an advantage.
- You should be able to unpack client requirements and make decisions about how best to implement them. You should be able to motivate and guide a team of less experienced developers through discussions of best practices, practical advice and code reviews.
- Be flexible enough to fit into the company and grow with us. You will have built up experience through a number of client projects over 3-6 years and are looking for the next step in your career.
- Be someone with strong ethical values, who thrives on producing results, can adapt to new challenges, and enjoys learning along the way. The role will be varied and you will need excellent prioritisation and decision making skills.
- Be able to work effectively in a team-based, agile environment, as well as play a part in the growth and direction of the company as a whole, helping set company strategy. Being able to collaborate with the team, project management and clients is vital.
Development projects will initially be split between Brighton and Cardiff but we plan to build a larger Cardiff based team over the next 18 months; the two sites will then support each as needed.
Core technologies and skills we use at DabApps:
- JS frameworks (React, Angular etc).
- Experience of working on client facing projects and liaising directly with clients.
- Hybrid mobile frameworks, React Native etc.
- Heroku – other hosting solutions.
- Non SQL Databases.
- Agile development – primarily Scrum.
We are not expecting you to have experience or knowledge in all of these areas, but you should have the ability and desire to learn the areas you don’t have as required.
In return we offer:
- A competitive salary based on your experience.
- A chance to join a growing company and help drive DabApps as we expand.
- 25 days paid holiday – plus paid bank holidays.
- Flexible working hours – inside core office hours.
- A great working location in the heart of Cardiff.
- Encouragement and support to take part in Cardiff's vibrant creative and digital communities.
- Pension scheme (after qualifying period).
- Regular training and conference opportunities – in-house and external.
- Travel to Brighton.
If you’re interested in this role and have relevant skills and experience, please consider applying even if your background doesn’t perfectly match our ideal credentials. DabApps is an equal opportunities employer: we are committed to diversity and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply.