We need a motivated programmer who can learn quickly, works well as part of a team, and enjoys the challenge of working on varied projects in a busy client agency.
Working on the development team you will work closely with our designers, project managers and clients. The role will include implementing designs, coding responsive web sites, some CMS usage but above all making sure our designs come to life in an accurate way – caring about your craft.
Some days you might be:
- Working on new projects using HTML/CSS as well as front-end libraries like Tailwind CSS.
- Helping scope out new projects and working with our design team to make useful, intuitive user interfaces.
- Reviewing other developers front-end code pull requests and making helpful suggestions.
- Working side by side with project managers and developers to fix frontend bugs.
- Advising the Front-End Strategy Group as to latest tools and techniques.
- Reviewing some of our older projects and suggesting/making improvements.
experience and qualifications
You will have built up experience through several client projects and be looking for the next step in your career. Your portfolio of work should illustrate self-confidence in front end code and interaction design, helping users achieve their goals and clients hit their objectives.
The role will be varied, and you will need excellent problem solving, prioritisation and decision-making skills. You’ll need a minimum of 1-3 years of experience in HTML/CSS and some knowledge of JS (we use React, though you don’t need to be a React expert).
Below is a list of core skills and technologies we consider key. We are not expecting any candidate to have experience or knowledge in all these areas. What we are looking for is the ability and desire to learn the areas you don't have, when and if required. If you only have some of the below, you should still apply!
- HTML/CSS to a high standard
- A good understanding of front end accessibility
- Understanding of CSS Utility frameworks like tailwind, and when and when not to use them
- Responsive web design – an understanding of modern web apps work from mobile touchscreens through to desktop web apps.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Mac or Linux desktop experience
- Familiarity with working at the command line
- Agile development
- Bonus skills: React, Wagtail CMS
We are growing the development team and want you to grow with us.
You will need to be able to work effectively in a team-based agile environment, collaborating with other developers, designers, and customers, as well as playing a part in the growth and direction of the company.
The role is flexible and can be split between remote-working and visiting our office when required for meetings, so proximity to Brighton or Cardiff would be ideal.
If you’re interested in this role and have relevant skills and experience, please consider applying even if your background doesn’t perfectly match our ideal credentials. We are committed to diversity and especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply.