DabApps have recently completed this large scale project as part of Tesco's vision to become a "creator of brands".
Our role as lead developers on this multi-agency project was to:
- Provide input for the information architecture and user experience design.
- Engineer a highly interactive web front-end based on visuals provided and to the high standards demanded by Tesco.
- Develop a meaningful search which returns cars based on the user's lifestyle choices.
From all points of view this project has been a real success story for DabApps and has allowed us to demonstrate what we do best.
Using Agile development methodology and working to tight deadlines we worked very closely with the design agency and Tesco Cars to:
- Identify the key business requirements
- Design an information architecture that allowed a flexible approach to finding a suitable car for Tesco's customers
- Deliver a site that conforms to the high coding and accessibility standards demanded by Tesco Web Operations.
The task involved working with CAP data experts to overcome some complex data integration challenges in order to provide a search application that recommends vehicles to customers based on a simple set of questions about their habits and preferences.
Django, DabApps' development framework of choice, proved to be an extremely good choice, integrating easily with Tesco Cars' existing infrastructure. The site handles a very large amount of traffic, driven by national press coverage, with ease.